YES! Thornton designed headers for small block Chevy. Made for an easy fit with out the hassle of exhaust leaks.These headers were designed from a 1969 Camaro cast iron GM manifolds 3942529 and 3932376. They are a stock replacement for factory manifolds.They will A, F, G and X bodies; Chevelle, Camaro, Z28, Nova, Malibu, 2WD Chevy P/U, El Camino, 4 speed and automatic cars with or without air conditioning.
- These headers will fit in the same cavity as factory exhaust manifolds
- No need to move brake lines
- Mini starter is not needed
- 1 5/8” primary tubes, 3” collector with factory fit 2 ½ exit flange (same as big block) with stock style exit flange and fits standard stock big block down pipe
- They work with factory heat riser valve
- They work with air conditioning and power steering alternator
- Stock style exit flange with 3 bolt design with donut for no leak design
- Uses stock big block down pipes
- Thick, flat flange at cylinder head that will not warp
- They are designed to fit in tight spaces, same as the stock manifolds
- Exit flange is located in same spot as the original but with a much larger outletA short spark plug is needed, this is common for headers.We have test fitted them to a 70 Chevelle with a 350, power steering and ac. The #2 header tube is very close to the steering shaft but clears. Minor modification was needed for AC compressor support bracket and the power steering pump needs a spacer.
Chevrolet Small Block Headers